It wouldn't be Monday morning without a strange lamp shade idea right? For some reason I just have a thing for lamp shades, so I can't help but bring y'all along with me on my crazy lamp ride. This particular project was inspired by an Anthropologie display and I think it came out pretty cool.
All I needed for the project was...
*zip ties (a pack of 1000 from Home depot)
*the top rim off another shade
* and a helpful hubs
Do you see where I am going yet? I didn't think so haha. Here is how the hubs and I made our shade.
1. We took apart a $4 clearance lamp shade from target and saved the metal rim.
2. We then used the rim and chicken wire to create the shape of a drum shade.
3. We attached the rim to the chicken wire with zip ties.
4. I sprayed zip ties in four colors that I wanted to use and let them dry over night.
5. The last step was to then cover the shade with the zip ties by slipping them through each square of chicken wire.
It creates so many amazing layers of texture. This is how it turned out...
How was the rest of your holiday weekend? The hubs and I stayed really busy shooting some pictures of the living room and playing around with rearranging furniture. I heard the new Anthology magazine is out and I am just dying for a copy. Does anyone have it yet? This week I have some fun tutorials coming up so stay tuned. I better go for now, I have an episode of Dexter on the DVR just calling my name. Yes, I am admitting I have a deep love for that serial killin' forensic nerd! Love him. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow, now I am off to celebrate blood splatter and trophy slides.