Two things I know for sure after this weekend are....
1. Point Reyes is one of the most amazing places to experience in the morning.
2. I will not be running on the gorgeous Point Reyes trail (in the morning) anytime soon.
Yep. That's right folks. I, Courtney Schutz, marathon runner at heart decided to "spice it up a bit" and run the trail I always run on, in the morning instead of in the evening. Pretty spicy, right?! It was absolutely breath taking. The sunlight had a way of dancing across the sky and warming me up like a big thick blanket, perfect for the Northern California chill.
Even though the trail was familiar it felt new to me under the guidance of the morning hours. The trees were now green instead of tall shadows encased in a thick silhouette of black. The birds were chirping quite loudly and the wind was no where to be seen.
As I was rounding the corner I closed my eyes... it was as if I somehow wanted to invite the beauty of all that was around me to seep into the pours of my skin. Just as I was asking myself as to why I didn't run with my eyes closed more often (It just felt so good to feel free and embrace the outdoors)....this happened...
|Not the actual snake...it would have been weird if I stopped to take a photo. I'm not that |
|So I did this.... evidently I am cool in a dangerous situation....ummm not so much.|
1. I will not be running in the morning when evidently snakes decide to start their days too and come out of their little "I wanna scare people" holes.
2. I will not be running with my eyes closed to soak the sun in anytime soon.
3. I WILL be getting revenge in the future and purchasing some sort of snake boots or purse. Oh yes, it will happen. Sorry PETA!
The entire thing freaked me out and now I think I may be in need of some crazy pills. So that's how part of my weekend was. How about you? Anyone else wrangle a
Speaking of animals...don't forget today is the last day of the blabla giveaway! I look forward to seeing you crazy kids tomorrow for the fashion part of our summer series.