To those who have been married for a lot longer than me, I welcome all the advice you have because if I have learned anything it's that marriage is an ever changing journey that must constantly grow and adapt. To those who have been married as long as I have, we all are rock stars this day in age...and to those getting ready to get hitched ,here are a few things I have learned along the way...
1. Getting married is an amazing privilege and there is a lot of love, tolerance, and forgiveness that make up each day. However, there WILL BE days where you just want to strangle your partner. This too is something you want to do out of love.
2. Going to the bathroom with the door open should NEVER happen. Like never, ever.
3. Little things like toast crumbs, toothpaste evidence, and dirty socks are enough to send you over the edge.
4. A hug has amazing healing powers.
5. The bigger the bed, the happier you'll be.
6. Having children is a beautiful thing, but it does make it harder...don't let people fool you.
7. The SAME EXACT words can mean two very different things to two different people.
8. Always be courteous, courteous, courteous.
9. You need separate lives in order to come together.
10. Boys are just way stinkier than girls.
11. Laughing is key. Reality tv helps with this.
12. Money sucks.
13. Dreams are important.
14. Your spouses family cannot define your newly created family.
and last but not least....
15. Alcohol is sometimes required or at least a strong box of chocolates...and LIFETIME channel should never be referred to as "WIFETIME" network. Trust this gentlemen.
I hope these "pearls of wisdom" come in handy to all of you, or at least you can find some humor in them.
I hope you all have an awesome election day and embrace history being made no matter who you voted for. Love one another.